Saturday, July 20, 2013

Preston and Scarborough


 This is the first glimpse of the Preston, England LDS temple.  Though I think that the Church owns much of the land surrounding the temple, the actual temple grounds are quite small.  Small does not mean less beautiful, however!  Everything surrounding the temple is just beautiful, but in a very different way from DC or Salt Lake City.  
 Notice the stained glass?  There is stained glass in a few places on the temple-- so pretty!

 The small hedges you see here are arranged and kept in a maze pattern, with those beautiful red flowers in between.





 It was Rylan's first temple trip!  That is him and his dad Wes walking the temple grounds.  I promise I did not set up this shot!  It totally just worked out!

 A sole petal on the perfectly trimmed and well-kept grass. 

 Me in front of the temple!


 Our way back included many adventures, including an entertaining trip to McDonald's.  But this was a stop at a "Car &Cycles" store.  My American self thought that a bit odd.  Is it a bike shop?  Or a car parts store?  In Jolly Old England, they're one in the same!  It makes sense, too; gas is so expensive there.  
 Scarborough!  The entire town overall looked very much like this snapshot.  Except the shore area, of course.  








ERROR: GORGEOUS OVERLOAD






 I think that Scarborough has the coolest shells!






 This was hilarious.  And inside, there were a whole bunch of amusement park games.  
 These.  Steps.  Are.  Steep.
 British ice cream-- weird, but good!
 Oh Kyler....












 It reminded me of the TARDIS.
 There were seagulls everywhere.  Think the Jersey shore has seagulls?  Florida?  Virginia?  Combine all of their seagulls and multiply by four.  
 They actually ride these busses to school, too!  So... British!

 I was so surprised to see Nutella in England!  Until I was informed that Nutella is European.  Oops. 







It almost seemed tropical.  Confusing since it was pretty cold!
Many places in england have stairs down to the water.  I love it!  

We built a pretty epic sandcastle, if I do say so myself.  The sand was so soft, too!  
Photo credit to Wes.  I love this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment