Friday, August 9, 2013

The Great Salt Lake-- and Kaysville!

 Airport story: Originally, we were scheduled to take off from Newark, connect in Detroit (with a 30-minute layover).  We asked the man at the desk if that would even be possible with the likely delay caused by a storm.  He was immediately finding us a nonstop to SLC leaving hours earlier.  It was wonderful.
 Monkeybutt at the airport.
 This was the first flight I had ever been on with little cloud cover the entire time. I could see everything!
 The rare cloud sighting.
Poor Bentley. We had too much fun with this.
 My cousin at a park in Kaysville or some town like Kaysville....


 This was the cutest thing!  She was unhappy the entire time, but when I let her play with the TARDIS, she was instantly enthralled.  
 On our way to Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake.  It was gorgeous!  And also very large.
 A buffalo crossing.  Because apparently, that is what happens in Utah.

 On our way to the beach.
 Oh, Austin...
 Sister Townsend,our friend who left us and moved to Utah.
 My mother
 Amanda, my best friend who also was of them who moved to the Beehive State.
 My cousin again.



 Most of the lake is very shallow; I was not even up to my knees.


 I dropped my glasses in the Great Salt Lake.  Oops.

 There was this super cool buffalo sculpture!  So cool!

 This was back at my cousins' house as the sun was setting.  Tip: never run down the sidewalk barefoot, no matter how beautiful the shot; in Utah, there are really painful things that fall off of plants and embed in your feet.  That is also why you should take your shoes off in the house; otherwise, those prickers actually will embed in your shoes and then come off in the carpet, waiting for a victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment